A number of generous benefactors have made possible the first stages of development, which have been the fruits of a wonderful collaboration between the Fourvière Board, the Beatitudes community, the Secular Carmelites, and close benefactors and friends, both Catholic and Protestant.
At the time of printing the following were in place:
Resource Consent has been obtained for the project.
The neighbouring property has been acquired for the retreat centre and the Beatitudes Community are to relocate.
The Fourvière Trust Board has been incorporated under the Charitable Trusts Act 1957.
The first hermitage has been refurbished.
Several capital works have been undertaken on the property.